Why Is Cinema Etiquette Important? [13-01-2012]
Everyone loves going to the movies. Many people prefer to go and see a movie on the big screen. Enjoying movies with your family or friends is always fun. However, if people don’t have etiquette at the theater, it can ruin your fun. This week, let’s think about the importance of cinema etiquette with Olivia and Jacob.

Jacob: I’m sorry I couldn’t join you at the movie theater last Saturday. How was the movie?

Olivia: The movie was great, but I couldn’t really enjoy it. The people in front of me were very annoying.

Jacob: Oh, that’s terrible. What did they do?

Olivia: One person kept using her cell phone throughout the movie. Also, she kept talking and laughing with her friends. I couldn’t concentrate on the movie, and it totally ruined my fun.

Jacob: Oh, that’s very rude! Why didn’t you tell them to keep quiet?

Olivia: I couldn’t say anything because they were much older than me. I think they were college students.

Jacob: Shame on them! They should learn how to behave themselves at public places. I also had an unpleasant experience. The person behind me kept kicking my seat. I was so annoyed.

Olivia: The other day, the person next to me made loud noise while eating popcorn. So I couldn't hear very well. It was a comedy, and I couldn’t laugh when others were laughing because I couldn’t hear the actor’s lines.

Jacob: I think people should be more considerate of others when going to the movies. Cell phones should be turned off. And we should keep quiet until the movie ends.

Olivia: Yes, if we care for others, we can have a lot more fun!